[kdevplatform] shell: Favour strongly distinct working set icons

Sven Brauch svenbrauch at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 24 12:58:07 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 24 December 2013 14:33:53 Leon Pollak wrote:
> Then, it is of no sense to him what is the name and it may be default.
Exactly, and then it sucks to open a dialog the user doesn't understand.

> Well, it may be passive too, just, for example, 'a','b','c'...
> With an option to change.
That's not what I understand as "passive". Passive means that no user action
is required at all, i.e. no dialog.

> But this is the default name given by the kdevelop when it creates the
> first set. It is written in the menu as "Back to Code", when in
> debugger.
That has nothing to do with working sets. The "Code" refers to a toolview
configuration.

> Once again - what I want to say is that identifying the sets by random
> picture not seems to be a good idea to me, as even with 3 sets today I
> do not know what each icon means.
Ok, I understand that. But assigning random letters instead won't help much,
will it?
Configurable letters and numbers might help, but then you need a UI to
configure them. Suggestions are welcome, but opening a dialog when the set is
created is out of question.

Greetings,
Sven