Breakpoint keeps KDevelop (gdb?) from debugging

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 18:11:54 GMT 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Oliver Schuppe
<Oliver.Schuppe at ziti.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> In my project, I set a breakpoint and tried to launch the debugger. Works
> fine but for one file: setting a breaktpoint in this file blocks the start
> of my application.
>
> Last line of gdb output:
>
> (gdb) -break-insert -f "\"/home/user1/path/to/my/file.h\":45"
>

> KDevelop / gdb hangs then.
> Everything works fine if I use gdb from the konsole.
>
> Not sure if this is a gdb or KDevelop issue. Unfortunately, my project is
> not open source and so far, I failed to create a minimal example showing
> this behaviour.
> KDevelop is ver. 4.3.1.
>
> Does anyone know anything about that?
I never saw/heard about such behaviour.

What do you mean by "hangs"?
Did you try attaching gdb to kdevelop and get a backtrace?

And as you know we can only do something about this if we can
reproduce the issue - so
maybe you can try to simplify your code to the point where the issue
is still visible.
(and share that code with us)

Niko