Slowness

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Fri Aug 26 21:58:43 BST 2011

On Friday 26 August 2011 10:10:10 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> On 08/25/2011 01:20 PM, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > After some time of kde-kdevelop running (sometimes 15-20hours, sometimes
> > after 0.5h), kdevelop becomes too slow: moving in the text suffers from
> > 1-2s delays, source file switching is very slow, moving between 'debug'
> > and 'code' working sets is VERY slow, etc.
> >
> > Restart of the kdevelop does not solve the issue, but restart of the
> > whole computer does... till the next time it appears...:-(
>
> Does turning off compositor (default Alt-Ctrl-F12) help?
WOW!!! It seems to help, although I do not know what I did with that - google
does not provide clear enough (for me) description.

So, I pressed Alt-Ctrl-F12 and received the black screen with blinking cursor,
which was expected...:-)
Then, I pressed Alt-Ctrl-F1 to return to the graphic screen, but now kdevelop
seems to work fast back!!

What does it mean? How does it work?
Thanks a lot ahead for clarification!!!
And a lot of saved time and nerves!!!