Slowness

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Aug 25 12:20:25 BST 2011

Hello, all.

I am a bit in doubts and hope the community will help me to understand...

After some time of kde-kdevelop running (sometimes 15-20hours, sometimes after
0.5h), kdevelop becomes too slow: moving in the text suffers from 1-2s delays,
source file switching is very slow, moving between 'debug' and 'code' working
sets is VERY slow, etc.

Restart of the kdevelop does not solve the issue, but restart of the whole
computer does... till the next time it appears...:-(

The reason I write this here is, that when this situation appears, the only
KDE application suffering is kdevelop. None of the other running applications
(and I have many running - libreoffice, many okulars, korganizer, kmail,
firefox, 8-10 konsoles and some more) shows a bit of the problem.
Also system activity does not show any problem.

Thanks a lot for any help.
--
Leon