Couple of question about new KDevelop

Igor Korot ikorot01 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 19:04:57 BST 2011

Hi, guys,
Thank you for the replies.

>> 1. How do I create simple console C project (not C++)?
>Personally, I just projects byt hand from scratch with a CMakeLists.txt, and a main.cpp (or main.c in this case). If you do this, simply use open/import project and select the >CMakeLists.txt

Well, I started KDevelop and went to the "Project"->"New from
Template...". In this wizard there is only C++ branch. If I open this
branch there is "No GUI (CMake)"->"Simple CMake-based C++ app".

But I don't want C++. I need simple console C application. And the way
to _create_ it, not open existing one.

>> 2. I was using KDevelop 3.5 and was working with the project template
>> for wxWidgets. In the version I upgraded to there is no such template.
>> is there a plan to make one?
>I don't believe so, no.

That's not good. I think it should be quite easy to port existing
tempplate from version 3 to version 4.
Besides there is a plan to make wxQT in addition to wxGTK. And people
are already working on it.

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 16.04.11 16:03:30, Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
>> On Saturday 16 April 2011 05:40:42 Igor Korot wrote:
>> > 3. Is it possible to open a project from the KDevelop 3.5 in the KDevelop
>> > 4?
>>
>> I'm prettty sure not.
>
> Actually you can, using open/import and selecting the
> Makefile/CMakeLists.txt or folder of the project. The kdevelop 3 config
> file will be ignored though.

OK, In the folder there is Makefile.am, Makefile.cvs, Makefile.in.
Which one I need to open?

>> > 4. On the site it used to a big FAQ about how to work with KDevelop.
>> > Where did it go?
>>
>> The web thing is in the process of being upgraded.  I don't know what the
>> exact status is
>
> Thats done, the FAQ didn't make it AFAIK because it was very outdated,
> 95% of the stuff there did not apply to kdevelop4.

Well, people will have to work with new KDevelop. So it would be great
if someone put the same questions
and the answers that pertains to the new version.

>> > 5. On the site there used to be a forum. Now I am getting an error
>> > 404: "Page not found". What happened?
>>
>> Probably said upgrade in progress
>
> Its planned to host a new forum on the KDE forum servers as far as I
> understood, but only if someone is willing to do the moderation.

Forum is actually much easier to ask questions. ;-)

Thank you.