coloured output in debug window?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 6 11:28:28 BST 2011

On 06.04.11 11:46:57, Oliver Schuppe wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'm working on a project which writes error messages to cerr like that
> std::cerr << "\033[1;31" << error_msg << "\033[0m";
>
> which results in a red error message on console. Unfortunately, in the
> kdevelop debug toolview, that looks like
>
>  MESSAGE
>
> Any chance to turn this into coloured output?

No, not unless someone changes the output view to a real console or
implements and ansi-parser and changes the outputview to a text-edit which
allows to put colors on arbitrary parts of text. The current design does
not support that.

Oh and you can of course run your application in a real external terminal
instead.

Andreas