background parser ignores code inside of an "#ifdef"-block in kdev 3.9.98

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 20:41:19 GMT 2010

On 22.02.10 20:34:11, Dietmar Hofer wrote:
> I am not using kdevelop for compiling and running the project, because it's
> for an embedded device with a custom build-system managed from command line.
>
> What I tried so far:
> - launch kdevelop from command line after defining and exporting CXXFLAGS with
> the needed macro there
> - go to "settings->configure kdevelop->environment" and add the flag as variable
> there.
>
> I remember that in kdevelop 3 it was possible after defining the flags somewhere
> in settings.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about
things such as define's so the parser parses the code correctly? There's
no support for doing that currently in kdevelop (not even the custom
makefile manager supports that). I've however recently started to work
on a custom buildsystem plugin that might be able to help you (it might
even be possible to compile the project). You can check it out from
gitorious and then select it when opening/importing your project:

http://gitorious.org/kdevelop4-custom-buildsystem

Its not complete yet though (support for deletion of defines/include
dirs is one of the bigger hurdles right now)

Andreas

--
You need no longer worry about the future.  This time tomorrow you'll be dead.