Unknown CMake command "kdevplatform_add_app_templates"

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 6 23:20:05 BST 2009

On 07.05.09 02:51:42, VestniK wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm trying to compile kdevelop on ubuntu 9.04 following this manual:
> http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/compiling
>
> 1 I've checked out from svn, compiled and installed the kdeplatform package
> using installation path in my home.
> 2 I've added kdeplatform installation path to the KDEDIRS variable:
> $ echo $KDEDIRS
> /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds:/usr
>
> When I try to run cmake for kdevelop (using the following command I got the
> following output:
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds -
> DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds ../
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.5.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
> -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
> -- Adding /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds/share/apps/cmake/modules to
> CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
> -- Phonon Version: 4.3.0
> -- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /usr/include
> -- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /usr/lib
> -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
> -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
> -- Assuming existence of the generated parser files for the parser
> CMake Error at app_templates/CMakeLists.txt:9
> (kdevplatform_add_app_templates):
>   Unknown CMake command "kdevplatform_add_app_templates".

> I've tried to search for the kdevplatform_add_app_templates command in *.cmake
> files in my kdevplatform installation path and found that it's defined in the
> file:
> /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds/lib/kdevplatform/KDevPlatformMacros.cmake

That means that either no or the wrong FindKDevPlatform.cmake module has
been found and used. Can you check where on your system you have a
FindKDevPlatform.cmake file and also where you have a
KDevPlatformConfig.cmake file? Also check wether the
KDevPlatformMacros.cmake file is included() from within
KDevPlatformConfig.cmake.

Andreas

--
You will gain money by a fattening action.