Unknown CMake command "kdevplatform_add_app_templates"

VestniK vestnik at ngs.ru
Thu May 7 09:59:32 BST 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 05:20:05 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.05.09 02:51:42, VestniK wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm trying to compile kdevelop on ubuntu 9.04 following this manual:
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/compiling
> >
> > 1 I've checked out from svn, compiled and installed the kdeplatform
> > package using installation path in my home.
> > 2 I've added kdeplatform installation path to the KDEDIRS variable:
> > $ echo $KDEDIRS
> > /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds:/usr
> >
> > When I try to run cmake for kdevelop (using the following command I got
> > the following output:
> > $ cmake -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds -
> > DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds ../
> > -- Found Qt-Version 4.5.0 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
> > -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
> > -- Adding /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds/share/apps/cmake/modules
> > to CMAKE_MODULE_PATH
> > -- Phonon Version: 4.3.0
> > -- Found KDE 4.2 include dir: /usr/include
> > -- Found KDE 4.2 library dir: /usr/lib
> > -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor:
> > /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
> > -- Assuming existence of the generated parser files for the parser
> > CMake Error at app_templates/CMakeLists.txt:9
> > (kdevplatform_add_app_templates):
> >   Unknown CMake command "kdevplatform_add_app_templates".
> >

> > -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
> >
> > I've tried to search for the kdevplatform_add_app_templates command in
> > *.cmake files in my kdevplatform installation path and found that it's
> > defined in the file:
> > /home/vestnik/Development/KDE/builds/lib/kdevplatform/KDevPlatformMacros.
> >cmake
>
> That means that either no or the wrong FindKDevPlatform.cmake module has
> been found and used. Can you check where on your system you have a
> FindKDevPlatform.cmake file and also where you have a
> KDevPlatformConfig.cmake file? Also check wether the
> KDevPlatformMacros.cmake file is included() from within
> KDevPlatformConfig.cmake.
>
> Andreas

Thank you for your reply. I've fogoten that I tried to install kdevplatform-
dev from ubuntu repository and compile kdevelop with it before I compiled  the
svn trunk version on kdevelopplatform. It looks like cmake used macroses from
that installation instead of my custom build.

I've uninstalled ubuntu package removed CMakeCache.txt and now I'm able to
compile kdevelop.

--
  Sergey Vidyuk