Automake Project and libXau.la

Alvin Beach alvinbeach at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:29:03 GMT 2008

After a little more digging, I managed to find the problem. It appears
that the SDL rpms (SDL, SDL_image, SDL_gfx, SDL_ttf and SDL_mixer)
depend on libXau.la. Atleast that's what I gather from their
associated .la files. I use all but SDL_mixer in the project I am
trying to compile.

The workaround I have done is replaced the instance of
/usr/lib/libXau.la with -lXau in each of their respective .la files.

Now my project links and runs fine. I guess I will have to wait till
the next SDL rpm release by openSUSE for this to be fixed?

Sorry everyone for the noise,

Alvin