Automake Project and libXau.la

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:05:58 GMT 2008

Hello all,

I am using openSUSE 10.3 with Xorg 7.3 and KDevelop 3.5.1. I have an automake
project that will no longer link. The error I get is that /usr/lib/libXau.la
cannot be found.

I have emailed the opensuse-programming mailing list and it was said that
libXau.la was removed from the libXau-devel 7.3 RPM and that I should update
the Makefile to use -lXau rather than /usr/libXau.la

How can I do this cleanly as I assume this would need something done with the
automake project files?

I don't use Xau directly and I'm not sure which of the libs I link against do
use it.

Thanks,

Alvin