Using flex bison with Kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 18:51:14 GMT 2008

On 10.03.08 18:14:39, Incani, Maximilian, OPEE14 wrote:
> Hello Andreas and also all others too,
>
> Does a) mean i have to mantipuate the autogenerated automake/autoconf
> source files of Kdevelop. I think this could not be the right way,
> because i have a integrated developer environment in order to avoid
> such steps during development.

No the IDE only takes away the part about having to edit the related
files by hand. I'm not sure however wether KDevelops automake support is
sophisticated enough to help you with custom makefile targets.

Anyway, KDevelop always aimed at providing a GUI for existing
buildsystems so that beginners can start more easily. For advanced stuff
you still have to understand the underlying buildsystem.

> Furthermore i do not know something about this tools. And Jonas Jacobi
> told me that it isn't needed to manipulate this files by hand. He told
> me inside a "Simple Hello World program"-Project to activate in
> Project Options/Filetemplates/Used global types flex and bison
> sources. By try and error i find out that i had to insert AM_PROG_LEX
> and AM_PROG_YACC in configure.in and executing automake --add-missing.
> But also this doesn't work satisfactory.

Well, then he was wrong. In particular the filetemplates stuff has
nothing to do with how a project is build. It simply tells KDevelop what
file types to recognize as part of a project.

> b) Do you mean to write the complete Makefile. I do not hope so,
> because as far as I can see, kdevelop does not support a project with
> selfmade makefiles.

It does, its called Custom Makefile.

Andreas

--
Hope that the day after you die is a nice day.