compiling problem

iangordon iangordon at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 28 20:49:49 BST 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 22:27, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 27.03.07 20:47:24, iangordon wrote:
> > 	Having done a little coding under suse 10.0 I have now installed suse
> > 10.2.
> >
> > 	Using kdev/c++/qt my code compiled and ran without problems in 10.0 ,
> > however in 10.2 the same source will not compile but produces this error
> > " gmake *** [mygrapbh.0] error 1"
> >  with no other explanation! This leaves this amateur programmer at a
> > loss. So I humbly approach the fount of all knowledge seeking
> > enlightenment.
>
> Well, without more information we can't really help you there. What we
> need to know:
>
> - KDevelop version
> - complete output, make sure to enable full compiler output under
>   Settings->Configure KDevelop
> - if the above doesn't tell you more, run make in your projects build
>   directory and tell us the output of that.
>
> Andreas

Hi Andreas

	Thank you for very prompt reply.

	Kdev version is 3.3.5 (Using KDE3.5.5 "release 45" open SUSE 10.2.

	Here is the full result of 'Building" some source ( which successfully
compiled in SUSE 10.0  --  I am not sure of the Kdev version )..

	The project directory does contain a makefile!

	cd '/home/hector/PROGRAMS/drawdemo2' && gmake -k
qmake -o Makefile drawdemo2.pro
Failure to open file: /home/hector/PROGRAMS/drawdemo2/Makefile
gmake: *** [Makefile] Error 5
gmake: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile'.
cd src && gmake -f Makefile
qmake -o Makefile src.pro
Failure to open file: /home/hector/PROGRAMS/drawdemo2/src/Makefile
gmake[1]: *** [Makefile] Error 5
gmake[1]: Failed to remake makefile `Makefile'.
gmake[1]: Target `first' not remade because of errors.
gmake: *** [sub-src] Error 2
gmake: Target `first' not remade because of errors.
*** Exited with status: 2 ***

Note:- 'Long' compiler output was selected

	All the best      Ian Gordon