Debugger in 3.3.93

Alvin alvinbeach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 14:33:49 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 10:25, Leon Pollak wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 14:48, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 January 2007 13:23, Leon Pollak wrote:
> > > Are you sure that gdb 6.1.1. is so old that you can not work with it?
> > > There is even no major version difference - the last is 6.6.
> >
> > Yes we are sure that KDevelop 3.4 requires GDB 6.6.
>
> It was released on 18 of December 2006!!!
> It is impossible to update so complicated tool each month!!
> Please, note that Kdevelop is in use not only by pure linux
> developers, but by cross-embedded developers too! Integration of new gdb
> will take me about a week!
> And why? It worked fine till now with 3.3.5...
>
> > > Anyway - I am now at 3.3.94 and have the following problem:
> >
> > Please update to one of the 3.3.96 binaries. Also available at the
> > website (KDevelop 3.4 download page).
>
> Well, my stupidity goes higher and higher - I do not see any new binaries
> on the page: http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=3.4/download.html.
> The last mentioned is 3.3.94.
> Now I went to the HEAD and found there something named kdevelop-621040, I
> suppose it is the file?
> Well...Ooops!
> Compiled and installed as I always did, but still the old version starts!?
> Is this again my stupidity, or something else?
>
> Thanks.

Not sure what distro you are using, but you can get the latest kdevelop via
the following repository:

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/amilcarlucas/SUSE_Linux_10.1/

If you are using the smart package manager, use the following URL to have
smart monitor the repo.

http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/amilcarlucas/SUSE_Linux_10.1/home:amilcarlucas.repo

The above URLs should be all one line.

Alvin