Using subversion in a project

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 02:04:14 GMT 2007

People,

I'm having difficulties to setup KDevelop 3.4.0 to use Subversion to
control versions of a project. I'm running it on Fedora Core 6, with
kde-redhat pre-compiled packages.
I have a svn repository on-line and working ok. It's on my own machine
and I tested it with the svn client tool.
I started a new KDevelop project and selected subversion in the
version control system dialog of the new project wizard. Then two
options are presented: "Do not do anything" and "Create a project
tree and import new project into trunk".
If I choose the second option and fill in the svn repo URL (using the
svn:// protocol), the project is not created when the wizard is
finished and no error messages are shown.
If I choose the first option, the project is created normally.
However, I can't find a way to setup the svn repository after the
project is created. Where do I inform the repo URL and the login
credentials?
The "subversion" context menu appears when I right-click a file or
directory in file tree, file list or file selector tabs, but if I try
to use any of its options, I get the following error:
"It was not possible to start the process. It was not possible to
create the io-slave: klauncher said: unknown protocol 'svn+http'."
KDevelop does not ask me for the repo URL.
I've read the FAQ and the thread it points to at the forum, but they
were not helpfull...

How do I setup KDevelop to work with Subversion?

Thanks,

Marcelo