Including headers files

Alvin Beach abeach at deepvision.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:08:56 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 10:54, Linnet T. Fdez. C. wrote:
> I am a beginner with kdevelop-2.1 (SUSE 7.0).
> I have been trying to compile a program and I am using
> third party headers files.

Why are using using such old versions of KDevelop and SUSE? KDevelop is now
3.3 (Release Candidate 1 is out now, but the stable 3.3 will be out shortly
AFAIK). SUSE is up to 10.0, but I am currently using 9.3 since I don't have a
reason to upgrade. But there is a big difference between SUSE 7.0 and SUSE
10.0.

Now, back to your question. Are these 3rd party headers accompanied by a
library as well? If so, you can use the -I, -l, and -L switches to gcc.

Again, I recommend that you upgrade to KDevelop 3.2 or 3.3 because adding (aka
linking) 3rd party libraries and headers is very trivial with the new
KDevelop.

Alvin