Qt and Kdevelop

Martell, Larry martell at aptec.com
Sun May 22 21:17:40 BST 2005

On Sat 5/21/2005 10:48 PM Peter M. Groen wrote:
>On Sunday 22 May 2005 01:48, Martell, Larry wrote:
>-------------[ 8< ]---------------------
>>
>> Both of these methods do allow me to run my program under the kdevelop
>> debugger, but in both cases I cannot seem to set any breakpoints or look
>> at any variables by name. My source code is shown, the source files are
>> there in both the file tree and qmake manager, but when I try to set a
>> breakpoint I get:
>>
>> No source file named main.cpp.
>>
>> If I try to look at a variable I get:
>>
>> No symbol "input" in current context.
>>

>> Thanks!
>> -larry
>
> Be sure to build it with the DEBUG flag set on (In KDevelop).
> QMake manager -> top window -> select src (or the subproject) -> Right mouse
> click -> settings->second tab:configuration->build mode.
>
> Rebuild your project and try again.

I went to that screen, and the Build Mode was set to "Release".
I changed it to "Debug" and rebuilt. There was no difference - I was
still not able to debug.

Then I went and looked at the Makefile. CFLAGS had -O2 and it did
not have -g. So I changed it, taking the -O2 out and adding -g.
Rebuilt again - still no change.

Just for fun I tried it with gdb. With that I was able to set
a working breakpoint at a function entry point, but if I tried
to single step from the breakpoint it ran (like a continue):

(gdb) n
Single stepping until exit from function _ZN14TestForm7mainEv,
which has no line number information.

I still couldn't look at variables, and if I tried to look
at source it said:

(gdb) list
1       in ../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S

I know Qt and Kdevelop work together - it shouldn't be this hard.
Where am I going wrong?

Thanks!
-larry