Qt and Kdevelop

Peter M. Groen pgroen at osdev.xs4all.nl
Sun May 22 05:48:40 BST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 01:48, Martell, Larry wrote:
-------------[ 8< ]---------------------

> Both of these methods do allow me to run my program under the kdevelop
> debugger, but in both cases I cannot seem to set any breakpoints or look
> at any variables by name. My source code is shown, the source files are
> there in both the file tree and qmake manager, but when I try to set a
> breakpoint I get:
>
> No source file named main.cpp.
>
> If I try to look at a variable I get:
>
> No symbol "input" in current context.
>

> Thanks!
> -larry

Be sure to build it with the DEBUG flag set on (In KDevelop).
QMake manager -> top window -> select src (or the subproject) -> Right mouse
click -> settings->second tab:configuration->build mode.

Rebuild your project and try again.

--
Kind Regards,

Peter M. Groen
And it came to pass in the third year of the Desert War that Paul-Muad'Dib lay
alone in the Cave of Birds beneath the kiswa hangings of an inner cell. And he
lay as one dead, caught up in the revelation of the Water of Life, his being
translated beyond the boundaries of time by the poison that gives life. Thus
was the prophecy made true that the Lisan al-Gaib might be both dead and
alive.

  -- "Collected Legends of Arrakis" by the Princess Irulan