Qt and Kdevelop

Martell, Larry martell at aptec.com
Sun May 22 00:48:14 BST 2005

On Sat 5/21/2005 4:50 PM Peter M. Groen wrote:
>On Saturday 21 May 2005 23:15, Martell, Larry wrote:
>> I'm new to Qt and Kdevelop so please bear with me.
>>
>> I started wtih Qt designer and I built my UI and DB access, and
>> all the underlying code for that. Now I'd like to be able to
>> debug it. How do I bring my Qt project into Kdevelop?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -larry
>
> If it is for debugging only, maybe you can use kdbg for this task. Just start
> your binary from the source tree.
> ( [pgroen at quasar src]$ kdbg /path/to/binary/program )
>
> Or you can use the import qmake feature from kdevelop. Never tried it, but
> maybe it helps. (project->import existing project)

Both of these methods do allow me to run my program under the kdevelop
debugger, but in both cases I cannot seem to set any breakpoints or look
at any variables by name. My source code is shown, the source files are
there in both the file tree and qmake manager, but when I try to set a
breakpoint I get:

No source file named main.cpp.

If I try to look at a variable I get:

No symbol "input" in current context.