problem while 'make'

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 13:52:48 GMT 2005

On 01.Mär 2005 - 18:01:51, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
> I am trying to update my kdevelop to 3.2. Currently i am using redhat
> enterprsie version 3. But when i try to install:
> kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde.i386.rpm
> it gives me dependies error like:
> Failed dependencies:
>         kdelibs-devel >= 6:3.3.1 is needed by
> kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libcvsservice.so.0 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libkmdi.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libkwalletclient.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
> Now when i go to install these dependencies, it gives me further
> dependies error.
>
> Now plz. guide me what exact modules/RPM should i intall to rid out of
> this loop..

That's the problem with crappy package software ;-)

Seriously, you need to install a recent kde (3.3.1 as it seems). rpms
for that can be found at www.kde.org I guess. Other than that: You're
on your own finding out what packages are needed. Does redhat not
provide updates? And all this has nothing to do with kdevelop, does
redhat enterprise not include support from redhat?

Andreas

--
Accent on helpful side of your nature.  Drain the moat.