problem while 'make'

Alvin Beach abeach at deepvision.ca
Tue Mar 1 14:47:29 GMT 2005

On March 1, 2005 09:01 am, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to update my kdevelop to 3.2. Currently i am using redhat
> enterprsie version 3. But when i try to install:
> kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde.i386.rpm
> it gives me dependies error like:
> Failed dependencies:
>         kdelibs-devel >= 6:3.3.1 is needed by
> kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libcvsservice.so.0 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libkmdi.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
>         libkwalletclient.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-3.1.2-1.0.rhel3.kde
> Now when i go to install these dependencies, it gives me further
> dependies error.
>
> Now plz. guide me what exact modules/RPM should i intall to rid out of
> this loop..
>
> Thanks

What version of KDE do you have? I have found that the rpms for the latest
KDevelop need KDE 3.3. I had to use the KDevelop tarball  (.tar.bz2) and
compile KDevelop myself.

Recompiling KDevelop was fairly straight forward. I used Kconfigure to select
the options I wanted.

BTW, I use SuSE 9.1 Pro with KDE 3.2. I submitted KDevelop 3.2 rpms for KDE
3.2 into the ftp.kdevelop.org/incoming directory. I'm not sure how different
SuSE and RedHat are, but my KDEHOME dir is /opt/kde3 so that may be a problem
for you?

--
Please reply to the list only.