Several GNOME related problems in KDevelop 3.2.0

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Mon Jul 4 13:12:25 BST 2005

Hi all,

the following problems have I found in my installation:

- Using the project wizard and creating an new project based on
"C->GNOME->GNOME 1 Application Framework" I will get during
autoconfigure this
german error message, english comments from me are behind each line:

> cd '/home/timo/hellognomeworld3' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1"
> WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -f Makefile.cvs && mkdir
> '/home/timo/hellognomeworld3/debug' && cd
> '/home/timo/hellognomeworld3/debug' && CFLAGS="-O0 -g3"
> "/home/timo/hellognomeworld3/configure" --enable-debug=full && cd
> '/home/timo/hellognomeworld3/debug' && WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5="1"
> WANT_AUTOMAKE_1_6="1" make -k
> srcdir=`pwd` NOCONFIGURE=1 sh macros/autogen.sh
> sh: macros/autogen.sh: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden # means
> file or directory not found
> make: *** [all] Fehler 127 # means error 127
> *** Beendet mit Status: 2 *** # means ended with state 2

How can I fix this problem?

- How can I create an index about several GNOME specific documentations?
For example I tried to get an index of the GTK2 documentation. One time
I tried it via a doxygen entry and pointed kdevelop to the index.html
file. After this I activated it in all three columns of the list (TOC,
search, index). Then if I search  for e.g. g_slist_free in the
documentation index, I will get many items. IMHO it is regardless which
search term I give in, I'll get a really long list with all index words
of this documentation.
The other time, I unpacked the gtk.devhelp file of gtk.devhelp.gz in the
directory of the GTK documentation. Then I created a new devhelp entry
pointing to the gtk.devhelp file. I also activated this item for all
three categories. Then if I search now for e.g. g_slist_free I will get
the same list as by the previous attempt. The only thing I want is a
short link to the documentation of this method - even if this is only
one line long, as it is in g_slist_free ;-) This is done for example in
Anjuta: move cursor to keyword->right click->context help->and the
corresponding line in devhelp will be shown.

- Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Cheers,

Timo