Problem after upgrading kevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 10:19:53 GMT 2005

On 28.Jan 2005 - 12:51:06, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:

> I have added the using namespace std; and problem is solve now. But now
> i am getting :
> soaUpDate.cpp:178: invalid conversion from `int' to `const char*'
>
> While Line 178 is:	ofstream outFile(fdOut);

ofstream uses a filename, not a filedescriptor...

> I can also change these lines, But now the real problem is i have lot of
> C++ code, written in RedHat 7.2. distribution and this 'll be difficult
> for me to change so much code.

Do you think the trolls liked it when this new C++ standard came out?
Thats something you have to decide, either you only support old (lets
say ancient) distributions and compilers or you have a lot of work to
change your code.

> Now what should i do now, should i go to the previous distribution or
> can fix this problem.

Either stick to the old distribution and be aware that your tool only
supports RedHat up to Version 7.2 or rewrite your app using proper
ISO/ANSI C++.

Andreas

--
Slow day.  Practice crawling.