GDB config script

fini at fi.infn.it fini at fi.infn.it
Tue Oct 19 10:49:05 BST 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 07:12, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> .gdbinit does not seem to work for me. I have some commands in there but
> KDevelop does not seem to use it. More so, in the case below, I need to
> execute stuff before and after gdb issues 'run'.

the .gdbinit problem can be easely solved.
kdevelop runs gdb with the switch -nx preventing input from .gdbini files.
Possible workarounds are:
1) eliminate  -nx in the calling instruction ( file
languages/cpp/debugger/gdbcontroller.cpp) and recompile the source. Or
2) put a script named gdb containing something like:

#! /bin/sh
/usr/bin/gdb  $1 -fullname -quiet  # put here your options

in some_directory
in kdevelop's menu select  Project->Project Options...->Debugger
in the field "Path to gdb" write: some_directory

bye