Out of source build and KDevelop

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Oct 13 17:32:17 BST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 18:00, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 19:39, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> > > Ok, and here you can find a patch against current cmake cvs which adds
> > > support for the out-of-source filelist files introduced in the kdevelop
> > > patch.
>
> I guess this solves the problem where Project.kdevelop.filelist file is:
>
> -    QFile f(dirName + "/" + projectName + ".filelist");
> +    QString filelistDir=DomUtil::readEntry(dom,
> "/kdevcustomproject/filelistdirectory");
> +    if (filelistDir.isEmpty())
> +       filelistDir=dirName;
> +
> +    QFile f(filelistDir + "/" + projectName + ".filelist");

Yes.

> That however does not solve the problem of source-files being, well,
> anywhere.
>
> For example, let say my source tree is /home/andy/source/, the build
> tree is /home/andy/build and the actual sources are in
> /home/andy/source, /home/andy/build (generated sources), and
> /usr/local/share/doc/mpich/example/ (something vendor provided and I
> want to use in my project). I think the solution is that the .filelist
> files are written out as absolute path.

As far as I understand currently, the only remaining problem is that files
located outside the project directory won't appear in the tree view tab
(since in the tree view you can't navigate "above" the project directory).
With the current patch all files inside the project directory appear in the
file tree tab, also for the sub projects if they use files above their
directory but still inside the project directory:

src/CMakeLists.txt      <-include "hello.cpp", "lib/foo.c" and
                          "../whatever/src/important.cpp"
src/hello.cpp
src/lib/foo.c
src/sub/CMakeLists.txt  <- includes "../lib/foo.c" and "main.c"
src/sub/main.c
whatever/src/important.cpp
build/Project.kdevelop
build/Project.kdevelop.filelist
build/sub/Project.kdevelop
build/sub/Project.kdevelop.filelist

The only file that won't appear in the file tree tab is "important.cpp", but
I'd say that's acceptable

Bye
Alex