Out of source build and KDevelop

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Oct 13 17:00:22 BST 2004

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 19:39, Andy Cedilnik wrote:
> > Ok, and here you can find a patch against current cmake cvs which adds support
> > for the out-of-source filelist files introduced in the kdevelop patch.

I guess this solves the problem where Project.kdevelop.filelist file is:

-    QFile f(dirName + "/" + projectName + ".filelist");
+    QString filelistDir=DomUtil::readEntry(dom,
"/kdevcustomproject/filelistdirectory");
+    if (filelistDir.isEmpty())
+       filelistDir=dirName;
+
+    QFile f(filelistDir + "/" + projectName + ".filelist");

That however does not solve the problem of source-files being, well,
anywhere.

For example, let say my source tree is /home/andy/source/, the build
tree is /home/andy/build and the actual sources are in
/home/andy/source, /home/andy/build (generated sources), and
/usr/local/share/doc/mpich/example/ (something vendor provided and I
want to use in my project). I think the solution is that the .filelist
files are written out as absolute path.

Maybe the code that uses files should do something like:

if ( !fileExists(filename) )
  {
  QString sfilename = sourcedir + "/" + filename;
  if (fileExists(sfilename) )
    {
    filename = sfilename;
    }