Out of source build and KDevelop

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Wed Oct 13 00:39:58 BST 2004

Hi Alex,

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 19:11, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Ok, and here you can find a patch against current cmake cvs which adds support
> for the out-of-source filelist files introduced in the kdevelop patch.

Looks good. I will try it at some point when I build KDevelop with your
patch.

> For me everything works. All files in the filelist files are relative. No
> dupes. No absolute paths.

Nice.

> What do you think ?
> (I know it needs some cleanup)
>
> What is the difference between GetHomeOutputDir() and GetStartOutputDir() ?

You have source directories and build directories (the one with output
are build).

StartOutputDir is the one where CMake was called. HomeOutputDir is the
toplevel one. The current one is the one that the makefile will be
written in.

So, the one you really want is the HomeOutputDir.

			Andy