Crash loading files

Sean Mahnken sean_mahnken at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 15:32:30 BST 2004

Thanks, Gary.

The problem appears to be in katesyntaxhighlightingrc.

I switched KDevelop back to the "Advanced Embedded"
editor and did as you recommended.  Sure enough, the
program started just fine and was able to load files
without any issues.  There were only two files that
fit the filter kate*: the aforementioned highlightrc
file, and a "kateschemarc" file.

I noticed that KDevelop regenerated the
katesyntaxhighlightingrc file, so I left it and just
restored the kateschemarc file.  KDevelop still ran
without crashing.

I backed up the new katesyntaxhighlightingrc file and
restored the original one.  KDevelop crashes trying to
load files.

Restoring the katesyntaxhighlightingrc to the newer
one fixes the problem.

Hope this information provides some assistance to
someone.  Thanks for your help!

http://accessibility.kde.org/developer/kttsd/index.php