Crash loading files

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 21:27:17 BST 2004

On Monday 11 October 2004 03:42 pm, Sean Mahnken wrote:
> The problem seems to be related to katepart.  If I use
> the "QT Designer" editor, it works fine.
>
> --- Sean Mahnken <sean_mahnken at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm encountering a problem with loading source
> > files.
> > If I try to open a source file using either
> > File->Open
> > or selecting the appropriate file in the QMake
> > Manager
> > applet, KDevelop crashes with the following
> > backtrace:
> >
> > I'm using KDevelop 3.1.0 on SUSE 9.1.  I get the
> > same
> > results with both the .rpm package and a self-built
> > install.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Someone here will probably give you a better answer, but try moving the
following files to a backup location:

~/.kde/share/config/kdev*
~/.kde/share/config/kate*

If that fixes the problem, you can then try moving them back one at a time
until it breaks again.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer