Using KDevelop to manage data/config files?

Santiago Capel santiagocapel at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 3 10:51:41 BST 2004

Hi Steven,  you have to use automake manager:

- Right click on your project source directory and add a new target.
- In primary, choose data file
- In Prefix, choose noinst
- In filename, type in the target name, for example, xmldata
- A new target will appear in the windwo below with the name Data in noinst
- Right click on 'Data in noinst' and add the files you want to distribute.
- Build the project to reflect the changes.

- Now, close KDevelop, and edit the Makefile.am
- At the bottom, you'll find the line 'noinst_DATA = your files ....'
- You have to modify that line and add one before it, and change the name of
the target from noinst to xmldata
- Firstly, add a line to tell Make where to install the files:

	xmldatadir = 	$(kde_appsdir)/xmldata

- Secondly, modify the last line to change the target name to xmldata:

	xmldata_DATA = your files....

- Save and open again KDevelop and rebuild your project.

And I think that's it.

Good luck!

--
Santiago Capel Torres