Source file sharing between projects

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Fri Sep 26 14:01:10 BST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 10:11, Mickael Faivre-Macon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am now using a library. Right, this is a good solution.
> I wrote a script to compile it, and I guess I could add it to my
> makefiles to build it automatically when I build my projects.
>
> I can open (not include in the project) my library sources in KDevelop
> and use it as a simple editor.
> But it is hard to debug my library now, because I wrote a script to
> compile it, so it is not handled by KDevelop. I mean, I like to be able
> to click on an compile error and have the source opened automatically by
> the GUI. Now all the errors are outputted by the script (the library
> errors, not my project's, which is compiled by KDevelop).

Why not create a separate KDevelop library project for your lib like I
suggested earlier? That way you can still develop/debug/whatever your
library code in KDevelop. If you add the correct files as INSTALL
targets (right click on them) you can also automate the installation of
your lib into a separate dir if you like (just do a 'make install' for
your library project in a shell).

Cheers,
--
Tarjei