cannot install gideon

sting sting zstingx at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:16:10 BST 2003

Hello ,
first thnxs for the 4 responses to my posting.

I had tried to adopt Petr Suchomel advice , who wrote:
>On RH is right setting for path (at least for me for long time)
 > ./configure --prefix=/usr

so I had perform make clean , and afterwards:
./configure --prefix = /usr
and make
and make install.

Now , I tried to run /usr/bin/kdevelop

Now , I get the follwing error :
/usr/bin/kdevelop: error while loading shared libraries:
libkdevelopqextmdi.so.3: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory

So I tried adding the path to where this lib is (I thought it was supposed
to do by th install ?)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/kde/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and then again run /usr/bin/kdevelop

again that pop up window with the same messgae appears(to remind you, it
says
"Unable to find plugins, KDEVELOP won't work properly!
Please make sure that kdevelop is installed in your KDE directory,
otherwise you have to add KDEVELOP's  installation path to the environment
variable KDEDIRS and run kbuildscoca .
Restat kdevelop afterwards"
Now , the IDE which appears is a little better (there is project menu);
But still many things are missing ; for example, there is no "new" from
project
(or maybe there is no such thing in Gideon ? but in kdevelop there was !)
my KDELIBS environment variable is empty.

So , I am totally confused now ;
what should I do  ?