cannot install gideon

Stefano Rosanelli stefano.rosanelli at tin.it
Mon Oct 13 17:40:26 BST 2003

sting sting wrote:
> Now , I get the follwing error :
> /usr/bin/kdevelop: error while loading shared libraries:
> libkdevelopqextmdi.so.3: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

this is strange.... libkdevelopqextmdi.so.3 should be in $prefix/lib dir
(/usr/lib in your case)

> So I tried adding the path to where this lib is (I thought it was
> supposed to do by th install ?)
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/kde/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

this lib has to be in $prefix/lib, so I fear you are using
old-compilation libs ... maybe one of your previuos attempts...

what's the output of ldd /usr/bin/kdevelop ?

> But still many things are missing ; for example, there is no "new" from
> project
> (or maybe there is no such thing in Gideon ? but in kdevelop there was !)

Menu Projetc/New Project exists

> my KDELIBS environment variable is empty.

Mine too.

Try to remove/uninstall all your previuos gideon/kdevelop compilation
attempts (be careful of course!!), and compile kdevelop again.