New Project

Phil Dunton webmaster at airrequest.net
Thu May 22 05:05:15 BST 2003

I am a relative new-comer to Linux and absolutely new at Qt/KDE
programming.
I am interested in setting up an automation project using Qt/KDE.

The templates that are supplied with KDevelop seem to all favor the
Document/View architecture so prevalent over in M$oft land.

This architecture is not applicable to the multi-threaded application I
am contemplating.  I will be using distinct Widgets communicating via
semaphores and ETC.  The application needs to be true multi-tasking.
This application has already been running on a Win32 platform but I
have learned to NOT use Win32 based products for "mission critical"
applications and am thus investigating Linux as an alternative.

I am looking for some input on how this project can be set up in
KDevelop and as I am working through the documentation, am looking for
some guidance.  If someone can point me at appropriate tutorials or the
right documentation it would be most sincerely appreciated.

Phil d.