KDevelop status

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Fri Jun 20 16:11:25 BST 2003

> Does this mean they will be "informal formal releases" without a name (much
> like the source snapshots linked on the webpage), or will they be named
> somehow? (KDevelop-3-20030622?)  I'm mostly thinking about the confusion
> that could appear in the bug database, if they will still call themselves
> alpha-4...

Yes, they are basically dated "informal formal releases" like your example
above.  It's a ploy to allow people to install from a package vs. having to
deal with CVS.  Gentoo users will probably appreciate it the most, but I'm
sure others will benefit as well.

I haven't thought of a good way of changing any "naming" in the source itself
to reflect the version.  If anyone has thoughts, please share :)

Caleb