Automated unit testing framework

julien at izforge.com julien at izforge.com
Thu Jun 19 08:17:08 BST 2003

Hi all,

I'm wondering wether there is a good test framework available for C++
applications. I suppose some of you know about JUnit (http://www.junit.org/)
which is quite famous for Java apps. There are ports for Python and even C++.
However I don't know how good or bad it is for C++.

So maybe some people could tell me:
1/ Which unit testing framework is fine for C++ (if any) ?
2/ Are there plans to integrate it into Gideon ?

I'm very impressed by how Gideon evolves. For instance the Valgrind integration
is wonderful. I guess it should be possible to do the same for an automated
testing framework. The Eclipse integration of JUnit is for instance a very good
sample.

Best regards.

--
Julien Ponge