Running Gideon

Claudiu ANGHEL claudiu.anghel at skynet.be
Thu Jul 24 02:39:30 BST 2003

Hi,
I have downloaded Gideon source, I compiled and for running I need all
the time to run "export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/kde:/opt/kde3" "kbuildsycoca"
and then "/usr/local/kde/bin/gideon". If I'm closing the console I need
to run again all the stuff.
How can I avoid running "kbuildsycoca" all the time? I want to keep
Gideon in his separate directory than the rest of KDE applications and a
script is not a solution because kbuildsycoca is taking about 8 secs. on
my computer.
I tried running as root but the settings are not saved.
I'm using Suse 8.2 with Kde 3.1.2
Also I don't know how to avoid the warning "Property
'X-KDevelop-Language' is defined multiple times
(KDevelop/CompilerOptions)".

Thank you.