compiled code runs from shell, but not kdevelop

Edward Moyse Edward.Moyse at cern.ch
Thu Jul 24 09:04:12 BST 2003

Hi,

I have a project which makes extensive use of external libraries. I've
managed to get it compiling, but clicking on "run" from within kdevelop
gives the following error:
./root: error while loading shared libraries: libCore.so: cannot open

whilst going to the directory and running ./root in a shell works fine.

I'm guessing that it's because I have $LD_LIBRARY_PATH =
/data/moyse/kde3.1.2/lib:/afs/cern.ch/sw/root/v3.05.05/rh73_gcc296/root/lib:/data/moyse//kde3.1.2/lib

and kdevelop uses a different shell from me (I normally use zsh). Is there
a simple way around the problem?

Thanks,

Ed