New to linux

Varchas Ramila Subrahmanya rsvarcha at cedt.iisc.ernet.in
Wed Jul 16 05:05:01 BST 2003

Hello all,
            Thanks a ton to you all for the help. I did meet one of my collegaues here and he gave me the plus points about installing software in linux. I eat my words
"Am really wondering that Windows people have made a real good work in terms of installing since I do not need to download so many packages from different sources" ... please consider it was never said.
For "apt-get install" you need some files in /etc/??? I would get thos files and would install KDevelop and all packages not present in my system :-)
Was addicted to the windows environment for 5 years and was refusing to move to Linux. Now am thinking what a fool I was :-S
Thanks to all who helped me and made my tough job easy and interesting too!
Regards