kdevelop & automake problem - again

Abhijeet D Mhatre abhijeetmhatre at gmx.net
Tue Dec 2 04:57:43 GMT 2003

> ----------------
> 1. You are gonna need root access, otherwize forget about it!!
> 2. Edit the file ( in RH9 ) "/usr/share/autoconf/autoconf/autoconf.m4f"
> 3. Realize that this file is extreamly basic!!! One space to many and
> you'll get flamed for it!!
> 4. Go to line 9468, or there about
> 5. Comment ( use # ) all lines starting from the line "T17,750" to the
> line ending with "m4_popdef([AC_Dest])])dnl"
> 6.Watch out for those spaces and linefeeds!!!
> 7. Add on top of the now "#T17,750" line the following 2 lines:
> T17,0
> _AC_CONFIG_UNIQUE
> 8. Save the changes!!
> 9. Either do a Autoconf/Automake in kdevelop OR in console "$make -f
> admin/Makefile.common
> 10. Here a miracle occurs!!!

Actually there are 2 problems in kdevelop on RH Linux 9.
The first one is that any sample c++ project refuses to build properly.
The above solution solves that. But the aclocal problem persists.
Moreover when I use QT even configure fails. Then I have to run configure from
the console and it works.
I feel that the aclocal problem and the configure problem should be recognized
by the development team as BUGS in Kdevelop.

regards
Abhijeet D Mhatre