kdevelop & automake problem - again

Dorin Lazar lazar at deuromedia.ro
Tue Dec 2 06:12:58 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 06:57, Abhijeet D Mhatre wrote:
> I feel that the aclocal problem and the configure problem should be
> recognized by the development team as BUGS in Kdevelop.
  By the way, shouldn't this be solved by generating the project using the
local autoconf/automake. For example, if I have autoconf 2.13 use a template
for autoconf 2.13, if I have 2.53 use a template for autoconf 2.53. That
means in fact 'autogenerating' the admin directory - or a possibility to
autogenerate that dir on the fly - so that there would be an easy workaround
available if you switch distribution. And this workaround should be
advertised, as it is a huge problem for growing projects.
  I for one do not know too much about the autotools toolchain - I would like
to understand it, but it seems so redundant that it becomes unbearable. But
shouldn't they provide portability for projects? Shouldn't they be helper/not
torture tools?

  Dorin