gideon FreeBSD "charlie &" error

Yasin Yilmaz yyilmaz at uekae.tubitak.gov.tr
Tue Apr 1 08:12:00 BST 2003

Hi,

Something I encountered on FreeBSD, using gideon.

The default root name string on FreeBSD distributions is "Charlie &".
When I run gideon with root user, and create a
project, gideon gives an error message something like: "XML parse error
at line 4, letter expected"

Line 4 in the project file is the name of the author, which is read from
the /etc/passwd database. The character "&" in the root name
causes trouble with the project file parser.

Gideon doesnot accept such letters as author name I think, but they are
valid for FreeBSD.

When you change author name to  a all-letter something else, there is no
problem...

I hope this will help someone there... :)

Yasin