Red Hat 8.0 and KDE

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Oct 29 12:42:12 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 12:00, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi!

> > > If it is a bug so it should be fixed :-) I have a KDevelop build on
> > > RH-8 since yesterday, I am planning to take some time to look into this
> > > issue and we can make a fix. There will not be another KDevelop-2
> > > release anymore but we should put up a fix in some form.
> > >
> > OK, the fix should go into a patched kdevelop-2.1.3 redhat 8.0 rpm then.
> On Sunday I noticed the same bug in KDevelop-2.1.3 on an original SuSE-8.1.
> The only difference to my local properly working cvs version is the Qt
> version (3.0.3 locally, 3.0.5 SuSE-8.1). So likely the "bug" is triggered due
> changed behaviour in the new Qt version. :-(
>
> Since now it seems it's a general problem and additionally it's a
> showstopper it's IMO a good idea to release a fix in a KDevelop-2.1.4. Though I'm not
> sure if we'd get the people for making binary RPMs. Anyway, it's not much
> effort for a source RPM release.
>
> Opinions?

I'm happy as long as the bug is fixed and a .spec/SRPM is available. I
just checked RedHat's bugzilla, and this bug has allready been reported
by someone there, so I'm quite sure RedHat (and SuSE etc.) would be
happy to build updated RPMs.

What I'm not sure of, is if the guys making distros would rather prefer
a source patch and (in RedHat's case) move from kdevelop-2.1.3-3 to
kdevelop-2.1.3-4.

Does anyone have more insight into RH/SuSE/etc. package numbering
policies?

Tarjei