Red Hat 8.0 and KDE

Falk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Oct 29 11:00:37 GMT 2002

Hi!

> > > No.
> >
> > If it is a bug so it should be fixed :-) I have a KDevelop build on
> > RH-8 since yesterday, I am planning to take some time to look into this
> > issue and we can make a fix. There will not be another KDevelop-2
> > release anymore but we should put up a fix in some form.
> >
> OK, the fix should go into a patched kdevelop-2.1.3 redhat 8.0 rpm then.
On Sunday I noticed the same bug in KDevelop-2.1.3 on an original SuSE-8.1.
The only difference to my local properly working cvs version is the Qt
version (3.0.3 locally, 3.0.5 SuSE-8.1). So likely the "bug" is triggered due
changed behaviour in the new Qt version. :-(

Since now it seems it's a general problem and additionally it's a
showstopper it's IMO a good idea to release a fix in a KDevelop-2.1.4. Though I'm not
sure if we'd get the people for making binary RPMs. Anyway, it's not much
effort for a source RPM release.

Opinions?

Ciao
F at lk