Question regarding failing configure script

Jens Zurheide jens.zurheide at gmx.de
Tue Nov 26 23:03:39 GMT 2002

Hi,

I haven't tried any of the approaches and it might be that they do not work.
I think it is time to install kdevelop 2.1 sometime (again).

Sunday 24 November 2002 22:02 Ivica Bukvic
>Hi all,
>
>I've been working on a project that I am developing using Kdevelop.
>Initially I built project as a KDE app, but later converted it so that
>it does not use any KDE libs. Still, when some users who try to compile
>the app try to run ./configure, but do not have kde installed, the
>./configure reportedly states the following:
>
>checking for KDE... configure: error:
>in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will
>fail. So, check this please and use another prefix!"
>
>Does this mean that there is some kind of default setting that needs to
>be changed in project in order to fix this? If so, I would greatly
>appreciate any pointers as to where to look for this issue.
I think that this originates from some stuff in the files configure.in.in or
configure.in, depending on the version of KDevelop you have created your
project originally. I think older versions used configure.in and newer
versions use configure.in.in. Either you search in those files for
everything that has something to do with "KDE" and maybe remove these lines
or you create a QT-only project and compare this configure file templates
against your project file. I don't envy you....

>Another question I have is completely unrelated, and that is that some
>of my source files when edited have those .   .   kinds of spaces which
>make indentations sometimes a nightmare (originally app was developed on
>older Kdevelop, and then ported to the latest stable 2.1 version). Is
>there any way I can simply filter files so that their tab's get all
>nicely realigned with the new stuff I add.
As far as I remember these are indicators for the TAB-char (\t). There are
several approaches to remove the tabs. Use indent and play with the
parameters is one of them. The disadvantage is that you will not recognice
your sources any more unless you have really good rules for indent. But
this may be performed in a batch. Another approach is to mark the TAB-char
and open the "Find and Replace" Dialog. Either the marked text is already
pasted into the Search field or you have to copy it there with the middle
mouse button. In the Replace field you just enter the amount of spaces you
want for the tabs. The drawback is that you have to do it for every single
file. Then there are the programs called "sed" and "perl" that could be
used for easy tab to spaces conversion. For sed you must look into the man
pages, sorry (because I don't know the commands definitely, maybe 'sed
-e"s/\t/<spaces>/"' (No garantee!)). For perl it might be something like
" find . -name *.cpp | xargs perl -pi -e 's,\t,<spaces>,' " for all
cpp-files. <spaces> must be exchanged with the number of desired spaces for
each tab.

I hope these were the correct answers to your questions ;-)
Hope that helped,

Jens