Question regarding failing configure script

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Sun Nov 24 21:02:57 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I've been working on a project that I am developing using Kdevelop.
Initially I built project as a KDE app, but later converted it so that
it does not use any KDE libs. Still, when some users who try to compile
the app try to run ./configure, but do not have kde installed, the
./configure reportedly states the following:

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will
fail. So, check this please and use another prefix!"

Does this mean that there is some kind of default setting that needs to
be changed in project in order to fix this? If so, I would greatly
appreciate any pointers as to where to look for this issue.

Another question I have is completely unrelated, and that is that some
of my source files when edited have those .   .   kinds of spaces which
make indentations sometimes a nightmare (originally app was developed on
older Kdevelop, and then ported to the latest stable 2.1 version). Is
there any way I can simply filter files so that their tab's get all
nicely realigned with the new stuff I add.

Any help on these issues is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for a great development tool!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer, multimedia sculptor,
programmer, webmaster & computer consultant
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/
"To be is to do"     - Socrates
"To do is to be"     - Sartre
"Do be do be do"     - Sinatra