Newbie Questions (kdevelop)

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Tue Nov 19 16:31:21 GMT 2002

> Ok so then my questions will come to this forum. I am having a hard time
> getting the documentation all together for KDevelop, and without docs,
> i'm pretty much out to lunch with it so can someone point me in the
> right direction, like a website or something that helps you figure out
> where to get all the docs, I tried to compile the docs from kdelibs
> source package, but that was just a big mess. i have no idea where
> srcdoc needs to be put.
>
> And that goes for the QT docs as well, and whatever else docs I will need.

The KDevelop docs for Gideon are rather incomplete.  If in your process of
teaching yourself about it, you find that you can write the docs at the same
time, that would be an excellent contribution to make toward your open
source migration!

If you're super new to Linux, I might recommend using a package based
distribution system.  You'll learn more doing it the "hard way" (compiling
from source), but it will be a longer learning curve.

As for Qt / KDE docs, they'll available online as well.

http://doc.trolltech.com

http://developer.kde.org

Hope that gets you started.

Caleb