Red Hat bugs...

Ralph Mack ralphmack at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 1 23:36:16 GMT 2002

Hello, all,

I'm trying to use KDevelop on Red Hat and running into about the same
bug everybody else is.
So I figured the weekend is coming up and how hard can it be and
grabbed the KDE_2_2_BRANCH
according to the instructions on the web site. It is building now.

I don't want to deploy it over my existing stuff. Instead I'd like to
run it where it is built.
I figure I'll verify that the problems happen with the
built-from-source version as well as the
installed-from-RPM-during-upgrade version and then proceed to use the
installed version to debug
the problem in the built-from-source version, using one of my own
projects with a judiciously
inserted bug as the guinea pig.

1. How do I run the new KDevelop from its own tree? Is it as simple as
going to the executable
    directory and executing it or do I have to set some environment
variables?
2. Can I debug in the way I've outlined? Can I use one KDevelop to
debug another as it operates
    on my own code?

Thanks,

Ralph