Symbolic links & CVS

Steven Nakhla sdnakhla at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 18:55:28 BST 2002

I've been working on a project I created using the
newest version of KDevelop built for KDE 3 and have
run into some problems I didn't find with older
versions.  The main one being that of symbolic links.
I've noticed in the admin directory that ltmain.sh (I
think) and some other files are really symbolic links
to old-ltmain.sh and other old-xxx.xxx files.  It
works just fine and creates no problems in building
and executing the code.  However, CVS can't handle
these symbolic links (to the best of my knowledge).
When I check in code the links are not checked in, and
when I checkout the code the links are obviously not
there.

Does anyone out there know of a way around this?  It's
a headache trying to deal with these links when I move
development from one machine to another.  Any
thoughts?

Steve Nakhla