kdevelop cannot find my source files when I am looking for errors

Pawel Lukasiewicz p.lukasiewicz at slican.com.pl
Thu Mar 28 09:07:15 GMT 2002

I am new to the kdevelop programming, so I will try to explain everything my
way.....
Here is the problem: standard console C application "Hello world!". I make an
error in the source file main.c: I change "return EXIT_SUCCESS" into
"returned EXIT_SUCCESS". O.K., now I am trying to 'make' everything: I press
F9 and "gcc" command says, that there were errors in function 'main', of
course. Now, I am pointing with my mouse on "main.c:29: 'returned' undeclared
(first use in this function)" (suppose, I want to find out where this bug is
situated). When I click it, I have got the following window message:
"/home/lukas/proj/proba1/main.c \n No such file!" (that is my own translation
from Polish, so maybe the real English message is slightly different). And
that is true, there is no such file in this directory, because every source
file is situated in "/home/lukas/proj/proba1/proba1" directory, created by
the kdevelop itself when the project was created. What is wrong? What should
I do to be able to easily debug my programs with kdevelop?
I use RedHat 7.2, KDevelop 2.1 beta 2 (compiled by myself). On KDevelop 2.0
was the same problem.
Please help me. Maybe I can tell gcc to produce full path of surce files when
there is a bug?

Paweł Łukasiewicz, Slican Sp. z o.o.  mailto:p.lukasiewicz at slican.com.pl

unsubscribe ťyour-email-addressŤ